A company focused on developing software tools for education in the field of mathematics, is searching for a QA MANAGER for its Barcelona offices.
MISSION: Leading a small team of QA Engineers, maintain the company’s high standards of its software development team and the products which are implemented.
- Defining, in collaboration with development teams, QA strategy, approach and execution in product development projects as well as in other main processes such as privacy data compliance, automated sales or documentation.
- Ensuring that the development teams adhere to the principles, guidelines and best practices of the QA strategy as defined.
- Monitoring of all the QA activities, test results, leaked defects, root cause analysis and identifying areas of improvement. Implement steps required to improve the processes.
- Focus on continuous QA improvements including usage of appropriate testing tools, test techniques, test automation, test environments and frameworks.
- Provide leadership and technical expertise within Test Automation and Quality Assurance.
- Manage training and continuous learning of QA staff by means of short courses, conferences, meetups, certifications, etc.
- Work on a daily basis with the development teams ensuring proper testing level in terms of quality and coverage.
- Test newly developed software, features and record any bugs or performance issues.
- Automated and manual testing across different environments and devices. Prepare testing environments.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Maths or a similar degree.
- Experience in a similar role, as a QA Manager as well as in team management.
- Knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
- Knowledge of environment virtualization (Docket, Ansible, etc.) and experience in using performance test tools (Apache Jmeter, etc.) is highly valued.
- Advanced level of English and Spanish.