category developer & manager
On behalf of our Client - international company - we are currently looking for a CATEGORY DEVELOPER & MANAGER, that will be dedicated to the On and Off-Trade Channels, based in its Barcelona headquarters.
- Works closely with Sales and Marketing to develop category management objectives and strategies that match the goals of the company in respective categories and overall brand.
- Strengthen and upgrade the Category Vision model, as well as the tools and tactics to make it happen. Give regular support and training to marketing and sales teams.
- Identify and develop the Research Tools to generate relevant shopper insights to drive growth with our brands inside the categories.
- Directly Lead and Manage Specific Category Projects, analytics and presentations with local & international customers.
- Create and maintain Category Assortment and Planograms Definition for Picture of Success, Go-to-Market presentations, One Page Sell Sheets.
- Works closely in Innovation Projects to develop category insights and bring customer expertise, to selling decks or launch new products and/or new categories successfully.
- Proactively Analyse Category Performance and Sales Retailer - providing consumer / shopper data and use broadly as needed
- Ability to uncover and understand retailer pain points (operations etc.); understand major client objectives; understand space analytics;
- Ask the right questions (consultative thinking; understand shopper data; sales/shopper decomposition; translate macro trends to implications/Insights)
- Conduct Store Audits to view assortments, space, merchandising in categories.
- Feed the Retail, Brand and Digital teams with the relevant channel and customer insights
- 5+ years of professional experience in Sales, Category Management or Trade Marketing position.
- The experience in the Off and On Trade channels will be very valuable.
- Food or Beverage industry experience.
- Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Marketing, or similar
- Advanced level of Spanish and English.
- A strong knowledge about Shopper’s Insights, major Retailers Ways of Working, as well as the Brands’ Global Strategy, that will enable the development of better solutions for the channel and customers.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in written form to both internal and external customers.
- Comfortable working with complex data across multiple sources to develop actionable insights and strategic recommendations.
- Use and understand Nielsen (Answers; ASO; Spaceman; Assortment), Pospotential, Conecta / Customer sell out data. Point-of-sale and merchandising systems to generate the information for category reviews.
- Must have a high degree of proficiency in Windows and related software applications including spreadsheets, word processing, graphics, database management.
- Story telling builder; ability to look across the store not just analyse a category.